Nav Pane - Home

scaramonga

Active Member
Messages
192
Reaction score
47
Removing - Navigation Pane - 'Home' does not work on LTSC 24 (8655). It remains an irritant, but all the rest remove fine, Galleries, Libraries etc.

I use this to remove afterwards, and that gets rid of it:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

Delete {f874310e-b6b7-47dc-bc84-b9e6b38f5903}

(All Users)

Any reason as to why?
 

Attachments

Thank you, please check the latest update.
 
Thanks.

Yeah, it works, but it still keeps popping up @ random? Reboot and it's gone, but every so often, it will reappear. An irritant. If I click 'network' in file explorer, as an example, 'home' will magically appear below it, lol.

Key is still there in registry, after this update, unless one deletes it. I just add it to the 'list of things to do after install', along with the removal of 'CrossDeviceResume' nonsense. ;)

All gone afterwards. No big deal, nothing major :)

Note:
Adding this to a Reg file does not work either, as it seems to get ignored, or reverted? I find the only way that works, is after the OS has been installed proper, then it's never seen again.
 

Attachments

  • 9267.xml
    9267.xml
    28.5 KB
  • Annotation 2026-08-22 002456.png
    Annotation 2026-08-22 002456.png
    357.5 KB
Last edited:
I'll need more than "random".
NTLite does reapply stubborn entries at the first login, so what you saw might be part of the process.
Can you give me one example after deploying the image, rebooting, is it there going forward even if rebooted again?

Also what might be happening is that some edit in Explore View Options or similar is resetting it.
Either way, if it's ok after the first reboot, then keep your eyes open and let me know how to see it back.

Thank you for your help with this, let's not give up just yet.
 
Back
Top