Same update (KB5022834) appears 4 times in Installed Updates

Hello,

I've noticed the same update appears 4 times in Programs and Features > View Installed Updates.

SystemInfo also shows "4 Hotfix(s) Installed."

Windows 10 LTSC 2021 / latest NTLite.

Any idea why?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
    Clipboard01.png
    25.8 KB
  • NTLite.log
    70.2 KB
Never had that problem before.

I always make my ISOs from scratch, after cleaning cache and extracting Windows ISO to a new folder.
My cfg file is the same.
Only changes:
- latest Windows update
- latest NTLite

Edit: redid everything with KB5022906 instead, same issue.

Edit 2: going back to NTLite v2.3.9.9020 has solved the issue. I have literally just replaced NTLite.exe with the older one.

Last edited:
After doing the test once more, I can confirm that:

- NTLite v2.3.9.9020 has no issue
- NTLite v2023.3.9160 has an issue

Logs included.

Attachments

• 2.3.9.9020.log
    68.2 KB
  • 2023.3.9160.log
    70.2 KB
Just an idea.
After run your preset first time – load your image and preset again without adding the updates already integrated on Update tab in NTL.
On Update tab check the DISM Compatible too in filemenu: Clean update backup and rerun your preset.
Clean update backup/ DISM Compatible is recommended as this shouldn’t make any problems with future Windows Updates.
Or you can try run an elevated cmd prompt on already installed image showing the same 4 updates with:
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and see if it change after a restart.

Thanks for your input.

As suggested, I switched from "None" to "DISM Compatible" but this generated an error.

"None" used to work perfectly on previous versions (2.3.9.9020 and older) and I didn't have any troubles with duplicated Windows updates. NTLite v2023.x.x seems to be bugged on my side.

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    2.8 KB
  • 02.png
    02.png
    6 KB
Well, it seems my issue with NTLite v2023+ has gone.

- deleted settings.xml just to be sure
- used Clean update backup = "Custom" instead of "None"

I need more testing, but it seems promising.

Although I'm curious to know why this issue appeared in the latest versions of the software...

Thanks again for the tips, francis11 ;)

Looks like you need to avoid and compress your image.

And first rule is, not to apply the DISM Compatible - Clean up image with first Apply, where your're integrate update(s) and do removals as the function run as first part when Process your Preset on Apply tab. You don't gain any space to minimize your install image then.

Always do integration of update(s) and removals first and then load and rerun your preset again with DISM Compatible - Clean up image to clean out updated and removed components from WinSxS folder to reduce your install image more.

Back