WMIC Feature will not enable, despite the requirements being met?

Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Hey all, I'm editing a Windows 11 24H2 IoT Enterprise LTSC ISO, while using 24H2 IoT Enterprise LTSC.
WMIC will not enable on it. When I first encountered this error, I thought "no biggie, I'll just remove the task". When that didn't work I removed the component. I am completely stumped now. Neither show up when I search for them in either tab anymore, and it still shows the same error.1749577562287.png
 
I don't know about Enterprise LTSC (don't have a copy handy).

But if the default state is disabled, you can run "DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:WMIC~~~~" in Post-Setup (Before logon) right before calling your WMIC script.
 
I don't know about Enterprise LTSC (don't have a copy handy).

But if the default state is disabled, you can run "DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:WMIC~~~~" in Post-Setup (Before logon) right before calling your WMIC script.
This fixed it, thanks!
 
Do I put this in a batch file :

wmic pagefileset delete
wmic pagefileset create name="T:\\pagefile.sys"
wmic pagefileset where name="T:\\pagefile.sys" set InitialSize=65536,MaximumSize=65536
or directly in before login?
 
It does keep WMIC enabled on 24H2 LTSC, I bookmarked relevant post. Just disable the task, thats all that is needed.

 
Back
Top