LTSC 'RIBBON'???? - Again!

scaramonga

Active Member
Messages
192
Reaction score
47
Further to my thread about enabling new features on LTSC.


That thread can be deleted if desired, as this problem still persists without going anywhere near enablement ID's.

I decided to integrate latest (9550) on image: 'en-gb_windows_11_enterprise_ltsc_2024_x64_dvd_e2137661' tonight, with the standard 'preset' I have used forever, no changes.

Upon first boot, I'm greeted with the 'ribbon' in file explorer, and the 'limited' right click menu again???, upon activation, it remains the same. Why is this 'ribbon' even here now?

Nothing done to system, it presents itself as just that?, activated or not.

(9457) does not, and I have it running in VM with no 'ribbon', nor 'right click' nonsense?, can anyone put their finger on this please?

It IS keeping me awake @ nights.
 

Attachments

  • Annotation 2026-09-24 010841.png
    Annotation 2026-09-24 010841.png
    795.8 KB
  • 9550.xml
    9550.xml
    29.5 KB
  • Annotation 2026-09-24 011549.png
    Annotation 2026-09-24 011549.png
    115.7 KB
  • Annotation 2026-09-24 012403.png
    Annotation 2026-09-24 012403.png
    301.2 KB
Last edited:
Hi this issue is related to:

Microsoft AIFabric CBS 1.6 and Microsoft.WindowsAppRuntime.CBS.2 ("Windows App Runtime v2") keep them or wait for fix

also microsoft error reporing has problems right now keep it too if you delete normally. nuhi will fix these hopefully this week
 
When Recall first appeared in 2024, there was a similar bug where if Client.CBS.AIX was disabled or removed, WindowsAppRuntime wasn't properly registered as a library. Without it, you get the raw UI underneath which is the legacy UI.

It's probably a similar bug.
 
probably u are right, I'm also amazed that we can't remove click to do (as it was seperated from recall feature) nuhi
 
Hi this issue is related to:

Microsoft AIFabric CBS 1.6 and Microsoft.WindowsAppRuntime.CBS.2 ("Windows App Runtime v2") keep them or wait for fix

also microsoft error reporing has problems right now keep it too if you delete normally. nuhi will fix these hopefully this week
Hi. Thanks! Seems to work, so progress, lol :) Although irritating MS again with its 'remove something, break something'.

I also noticed there is 'UI Ribbon' in components, can't recall seeing that before. In screen below. It's enabled by default.
 

Attachments

  • Annotation 2026-09-25 053517.png
    Annotation 2026-09-25 053517.png
    61.5 KB
Yes, more you remove, more headache you got. I wouldn't remove that it might be about elements on ribbon especially shown when you expand it.
 
Haha thats an improvement over the default UI.

The only thing I really remove is that backup feature, because it nags if you leave it in place, I do disable (not remove) recall, although I have noticed its default state now reports disabled.

In terms of the CU, I can see myself just staying on July 2026 CU, once I am on 11 for daily use, I think my need to have something that works, will prevent me from ever updating, it would need to be a serious remote exploit (cannot remember last time windows had one, its all nonsensical local exploits now that have millions people in fear) or a major feature I want.

The OS is so fragile, the amount of issues, some of them quite nasty I am having to resolve is an eye opener, when I went from 8.1 to 10, within 3 days of starting work on my ISO, I was using it daily. 10 to 11 is far more challenging.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top